Well we ( Katie Peters and I) talked about the following-
- results of the e-learning survey- those who filled it in had us at the emerging level for most of the criteria. I was pleased with this- HOWEVER only 50% had completed the survey which may be statistically significant, but I have a hunch that those who didn't complete the survey may be those who are least e literate. Yet again the recurring theme comes through in the feedback that if senior management 'are serious' about Digital Technology then there needs to be PD. Not sure if I totally agree with this, it's my belief that if you really want to, you get on and do it- if what you're using isn't intuitive enough to use without a step by step instruction sheet, is it worth using?
- Showed the google training website, showed the short video on google calendars, introduced the idea of becoming a google certified teacher. Question from the floor: Will I get paid more if I do this extra work? I think the reward comes from being at the front of the pack in this field.
- Katie expertly demonstrated Doctopus, and Tweetdeck, and her inquiry blog- Again I'm encouraging teachers to create twitter accounts to help them keep aware of some of the new initiatives in education currently. A few have already, the more the merrier.
- Next steps. The tech lead team meet with Mike from Core education on Thursday to work on our strategic elearning plan. Part of this will be using a teacher only day (22nd August) to undertake some differentiated staff PD on some of the things introduced today. More on that after we meet.......
The staff meeting was informative and and interesting. I felt so inspired I spent Monday night setting up a Tweet account and a blog. Well done to the two of you.
ReplyDeleteInteresting about the lack of people replying to the e-learning survey. I do not consider myself very literate when it comes to technology and to prove it, mucked up the survey the first time around, but completed it anyway.
Persevere, it will be worth it in the long run.