After school yesterday I attended the Social Sciences department meeting, even though it was only a Social Studies meeting (I know, I'm a sucker for punishment). After being accused of derailing (I thought that was quite a harsh judgement) the meeting I was allowed the make a contribution. So I asked if they thought they'd be able to utilise Chromebooks with one of their current junior classes if I manage to convince the board to buy a trial class set. (I'm only asking the Board as it's not budgeted spending) The answer was a resounding YES. I'm really pleased about this as it will add weight to my argument. It also means that when we do decide to make devices compulsory they will be used. I've heard stories of other schools where the students have been required to purchase devices, but they simply haven't been extensively used at school. As we're a relatively low decile (two) school I'd hate to have that happen here.
Meanwhile I've been reading my twitter (@reichy) feed all day to keep up with the happenings at the inaugural #edchatnz conference. Feeling left out not being there, but having had 2 days out already this week I'm consoling myself with the idea of attending the Ulearn conference in the next school holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment