Thursday, 21 August 2014
Learning to Shadow Coach
Today I spent the day with two facilitators (Polly and Margaret) from Waikato University learning how to use the observation sheet, code observations and then follow up with shadow coaching. It was great stuff, really made me reflect on my own teaching practice. I immediately thought about minor changes I could make with my class to help improve their engagement and I'm looking forward to trialling and evaluating the effectiveness of these in the coming weeks. So grateful to the other teachers involved, it awesome working with them, I'm hoping that being involved in this will keep improving the learning community we've been building. I also went to the Social Sciences meeting after school, we're involved in another initiative that's looking at raising student achievement through improved literacy (always features as a barrier to achievement in self review), focussing on using the inquiry model. More great things happening there. Finally I touched base with Sarah, who had picked up completing final preparation for tomorrow's teacher only day, it's looking good, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment