Today was the second day planning for implementing Building On Success for the schools in the first roll out of the initiative. Awesome day being challenged and reflecting on how to create a more culturally responsive and relational pedagogy. I'm looking forward to using the observation tool and learning how to shadow coach in the not too distant future. As always the opportunity to network with teacher's from other schools means we'll also be visiting Rangitikei College in a couple of weeks time to see how they're using their chrome books.
I've also been reflecting on the moral imperative that lies behind taking the next steps towards blended eLearning. In my opinion we need to be doing this work as it is our job to prepare students for their future. I think we need to question whether the way we teach now is the best way to be giving students the skills they'll require for a future economy, where knowledge is free. No doubt some assumptions being made now may yet prove to be untrue, but is this an excuse to not taking some steps towards challenging changing the way we approach our classroom practice?
I also believe that using digital Technology improves student engagement which will improve achievement which remains at the heart of why we do what we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment