Friday, 22 August 2014

#pehutod

Awesome day today.  We ran a series of workshops on various ways to use Google in the classroom.  I've just been looking at the evaluation form I created in the fourth session when I facilitated 'forms'. As 71% thought the day was 'very useful' I'm calling the day a success.  The last part of the day required the creation of a presentation of what had been learnt during the day.  This had to be shared with me- my inbox has been inundated with great stuff.  I was really pleased to have had all the Teacher Aides participate in the day as well, it's good to have everyone on board.  Google basics and Google forms were the most popular workshops. There's a big lesson for me in all of this, as I often forget that others are less confident than I am about clicking anything until something works. Giving people time to explore what is available will hopefully yield rewards as more will be willing to trial teaching using digital technology.  The next barrier for us will be how we achieve a 1:1 student to device ratio in a decile 2 school.  How we create equitable learning opportunities will be a question I'll be asking our local MP post the upcoming Government election.


1 comment:

  1. Great, but full on day! It was nice when people came up and just said a quiet 'thanks' - made it worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete